MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE ADULT SHORT TERM ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT CLINICIANApply Now Job ID 1260693 Date posted 05/15/2019
Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
The Penticton Health Centre is looking for casual Adult Short Term Assessment and Treatment Clinician to join its team of Community Integrated Health Services Professionals. The successful applicant will have experience in working with individuals with addictions, and have strong knowledge of specific treatment approaches to counselling individuals with substance use issues.
The ASTAT Clinician provides, at the advanced practice level, assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to the most complex clients, frequently with co-occurring disorders, which may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of services designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function
• Arranges access to specialized services such as substance use, forensic/criminal justice, developmental disability, and acquired brain injury.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes.
• Maintains broad knowledge of developments in their profession and clinical area.
• Provides consultation and shares information with community agencies and the public about mental illness and mental health and/or substance use services.
Casual shifts are scheduled on an as-needed basis from Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30.
If you are an experienced mental health professional and passionate about helping those in our community, apply today!
Masters’ degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
** Please include a copy of your Masters Degree and valid BC Driver’s License with your online application.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth