LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1335736 Date posted 11/28/2019
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.42 FTE)
Penticton Regional Hospital currently has opportunity for Operating Room Licensed Practical Nurses to join the team in temporary, part-time employment.
The Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a 155-bed Acute Care facility and responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people.
PRH currently offers four operating rooms and a urology procedure room to provide services for urology, ENT, general surgery, orthopedics, OB/GYN, chronic pain and uncomplicated pediatric cases over 2 years. There are two ORs at the Summerland Health Centre where we provide services including pediatric dental.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Operating Room, provides practical nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied surgical interventions. The LPN Operating Room consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team in facilitating safe and effective surgical interventions through the performance of scrubbing and circulating duties in accordance with established standards and protocols. This includes pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
This position is temporary until return of incumbent (Feb 2021); shifts are rotating days and evenings with on-call as required.
Interior Health offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
• Generous vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Make a difference. Love your work. Come and join Interior Health, where Every Person Matters.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies, and graduation from an accredited Perioperative advanced specialty program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP.
• Current CPR certification required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth