LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1321421 Date posted 11/01/2019
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a referral centre for three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan. We have an operating capacity of 140 acute beds and 102 extended care beds and offer a full range of services. Perioperative Services has 4 operating theatres and we provide core services for Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, ENT and Urology.
This vacancy is permanent; shifts are rotating days and evenings with on-call as required.
The Licensed Practical Nurse, Operating Room, provides practical nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied surgical interventions. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team in facilitating safe and effective surgical interventions through the performance of scrubbing and circulating duties in accordance with established standards and protocols. This includes pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Extended Health Benefits
• Vacation, statutory holidays and leave entitlements
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Disability & Wellness Programs
Make a difference. Love your work. Come and join Interior Health, where Every Person Matters.
Apply online where our Recruiter will be available to help you with your application.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies.
• Graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current CPR certification required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth