ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1546875 Date posted 05/04/2021
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant in Penticton, BC.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director for the department or program and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities. Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
This is a temporary full time position until March 28, 2022 or return of the incumbent.
Some typical duties of the position:
• Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
• Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
• Provides general administrative support by:
-opening and screening daily mail
-acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
-providing supporting information where required
-proofing mailings for spelling, grammar, and clear understanding
-preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
-responding to administrative requests and inquiries
-protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
• Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
• Assists with maintaining the department or program web page.
• Coordinates and standardizes the implementation of new and existing technology within the department or program.
• Sets up and maintains manual and computerized filing systems for all correspondence and administration files. Maintains materials such as policy and procedure manuals.
• Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars for the Director by prioritizing and arranging appointments and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required, ensuring that schedules are manageable.
• Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
• Arranges travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations
• Provides input to new policies, processes, and the development of strategies.
• Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required, prepares agendas, and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
• Ensures appropriate supplies and support materials are available and equipment is in working order.
• Supports the Director in completing the required documentation associated with Human Resources including: on staff and change notices, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, and travel reimbursements.
• Liaises and coordinates with other Administrative Assistants as necessary to facilitate the many shared matters of daily business.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Grade 12 diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.