COOK IVApply Now Job ID 1206140 Date posted 01/08/2019
Facility :SOUTH OKANAGAN GEN HSPTL
South Okanagan General Hospital is looking for a Casual Cook to join their team! - if you have graduated from a 12-month program in quantity cooking, or have a three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.…Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Plans and develops menus and recipes according to the nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the facility.
• Prepares and/or directs the preparation of food and therapeutic menu items according to recipes and controls portioning to ensure recipe yield meets facility needs. Tests food for items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yields meet assigned quantity quotas, evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Plans cooking schedule to minimize time between completion of cooking and serving.
• Establishes and ensures maintenance of food rotations and storage
• Estimates food requirement orders and receives supplies with suppliers.
• Oversees and updates standards and procedures, ensures safety practices and procedures are adhered to.
• Maintains clean and sanitary work and storage areas.
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation needs
• Makes recommendations regarding budget for assigned area.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: 06:15 to 16:15 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• Three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please attached your Cook Certificate and Food Safe Certificate**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth