COOK IIApply Now Job ID 1394483 Date posted 04/25/2020
Facility :SUNNYBANK CENTRE
Sunnybank Centre in Oliver, BC is looking for a Casual Cook to join their team! - if you have graduated from a 12-month program in quantity cooking, or have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience…Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
• Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
• Plans and organizes cooking schedule to produce food with optimal retention of nutritional values and quality appearance;
• Coordinates work flow in assigned area and provides work direction to designated food service staff including related training and orientation
• Estimates food requirements according to the established nutritional and therapeutic diet needs
• Performs other related duties.
Hours of work: 06:30 to 14:30 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth