PATIENT SAFETY INVESTIGATOR/PATIENT CARE QUALITY OFFICERApply Now Job ID 1300638 Date posted 08/21/2019
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Patient Safety Investigator/Patient Care Quality Officer to join our Quality & Patient Safety department. The worksite location may be flexible within the Okanagan region of Interior Health.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Care Quality Office/Patient Safety Investigations, and in collaboration with other members of the Quality & Patient Safety team and operational staff, the Patient Safety Investigator/Patient Care Quality Officer promotes a culture of safety across the organization by providing leadership for Quality Reviews following serious patient safety events. An important focus is on learning from clinical practice, specifically healthcare system failures, through the comprehensive retrospective analysis of critical incidents occurring throughout the region. The Patient Safety Investigator actively participates and leads in the promotion of a culture of safety. The Patient Safety Investigator is also involved in various projects to promote quality and safety improvements in clinical practice across the Health Authority.
The Patient Care Quality Officer (PCQO) is a regulated role under the Patient Care Quality Review Board Act of BC (2008) (PCQRBA) and the Health Statues (Residents’ Bill of Rights) Amendment Act of BC (2009) (BOR) and operates in accordance with Interior Health’s (IH) complaint management philosophy, policy, and guidelines.
The PCQO is responsible for the intake, assessment, management, and resolution of highly confidential and sensitive matters concerning patient/client relations including complaints, concerns, and unmet needs. The PCQO assists patients/clients with access and navigation to meet complex healthcare needs; seeks to meet patient/client needs related to the resolution of complaints to the satisfaction of the complainant; and liaises with internal and external stakeholders as required, in order to facilitate consensus and negotiate agreements that result in the resolution of complaint issues. The PCQO also promotes positive patient/client, family, and organizational relations within IH.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, health, or a related profession is required. A Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred.
• A minimum of five years of experience working in a large, multi-faceted health or social/human service organization is required.
• Professional clinical background and/or conflict resolution expertise is preferred.
• Training in patient safety investigation methods and quality improvement is preferred.
• Cultural safety training is preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, particularly with the written word, are required.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, judgment, and interpersonal skills.
• Integrity, dependability, honesty, initiative, tact, and high ethical standards are required.
• Experience in handling sensitive patient/family interactions with compassion and empathy is essential.
• Excellence in customer service.
• Must have basic computer navigation skills.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth