SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISORApply Now Job ID 1211536 Date posted 02/12/2019
Facility :KOOTENAY LAKE REGNL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a Relief Full Time Support Services Supervisor for Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital in beautiful Nelson, BC.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees;
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietitian, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents;
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers;
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information;
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas;
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained;
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels;
• Directs a variety of cleaning duties;
• Directs a variety of laundry/linen duties;
• Performs and/or directs a variety of dietary duties;
• Ensures safety and sanitation practices and procedures are adhered to;
• Oversees and updates standards and procedures for assigned areas;
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food, housekeeping service, and quality assurance standards are met;
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
Surrounded by the rugged Selkirk Mountains, Nelson sits on the shores of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Picturesque geography and storybook charm are combined with cosmopolitan sophistication. Whether gliding through the incredible powder at Whitewater Ski Resort, catching a 25 pound rainbow trout on Kootenay Lake or simply enjoying a leisurely day of shopping along historic Baker Street, Nelson is a beautiful place to raise a family. But don't take our word for it, have a look for yourself.
To learn more about support services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision certificate and Food Safe certificate*
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth