LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANTApply Now Job ID 1417770 Date posted 06/30/2020
Facility :NELSON JUBILEE MANOR
Nelson Jubilee Manor is seeking Long-term Care Attendants to join them. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering resident-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Nelson Jubilee Manor!
Nelson Jubliee Manor (NJM) is one storey with 39 private private long-term care rooms. Our resident-centred philosophy is designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be offered on days, evenings, or nights as required, any day of the week (typical shift times: 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00).
We are currently seeking candidates with good availability that want to stay on long term. Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth