JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIANApply Now Job ID 1198742 Date posted 12/15/2018
Facility :KOOTENAY LAKE REGNL HSPTL
Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital, located in Nelson, BC, is a Community Hospital offering services including surgical, inpatient and emergency. The Plant Services Department at KLH consists of an Electrician, Carpenter, Chief Power Engineer, Power Engineers, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Worker, and Clerical Support. Plant Services as a whole provides services and support for the safety and comfort of patients, staff, and visitors by maintaining the physical environment, grounds and systems.
We are seeking an Electrician for a Casual opportunity. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Interior Health requires all employees that work casual to work a minimum of 225 hours over a twelve (12) month period. Days and shifts may vary with hours 7 am to 3 pm.
As the Electrician, this position performs skilled electrical work at the journeyman level in the installation, construction, alteration, repairing, troubleshooting, maintenance and/or service of electrical and electronic equipment and systems in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Typical Responsibilities are (and not limited to):
• Reviews work requests, consults with requesting Interior Health department on the specifications and/or project requirements; interprets blue prints, drawings to determine materials and equipment, estimates costs of project and makes recommendations.
• Performs operational and safety risk assessments; arranges work schedules with Interior Health department(s); and assembles supplies, tools and equipment.
• Installs, troubleshoots, alters and repairs electrical wiring, circuits, equipment and appliances; makes connections to new equipment and appliances in conformance with applicable codes and regulations; performs diagnostic correction and repair utilizing recognized methods which may include the use of computer software.
• Carries out preventative and predictive maintenance and safety checks on electrical/electronic systems, equipment, appliances, motors and controls by testing, calibrating and replacing parts as required; ensures compliance with applicable codes and regulations; writes operational instructions and preventative maintenance procedures as required.
• Assigns work tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation; checks work performed to ensure that the work was done properly.
• Performs all work in adherence to all applicable codes, regulations, and safety requirements, including regulations of the WCB.
• Maintains and updates trade knowledge by reviewing and staying current with applicable codes, regulations and standards.
Once hired into a casual position, employees become eligible to apply internal on relief and permanent positions as they become vacant. Casual employees will receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
At Interior Health we value commitment to safety and best practice and authentic accountable actions. We find new ways to transform and improve the delivery of health care. We achieve personal and organizational goals through working together, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.
If you are interested in working with Plant Services at KLH, we would love to hear from you! In order for your application to be forwarded for consideration, we are looking for a candidate who meets all of the required education, training and experience mentioned below.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Electrician recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
• Two (2) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Must have a B.C. Class B Field Safety Representative Certificate.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth