FOOD SERVICE WORKERApply Now Job ID 1445217 Date posted 09/24/2020
Facility :KOOTENAY LAKE REGNL HSPTL
Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital in Nelson is looking for Casual Food Service Workers to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work:
Rotating days and evenings 10:30 to 18:43, 10:30 to 18:30
This is a Casual opportunity.
Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth