FOOD SERVICE WORKERApply Now Job ID 1261446 Date posted 05/16/2019
Facility :NELSON JUBILEE MANOR
Interior Health is hiring a casual Food Service Worker for Nelson Jubilee Manor.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Hours of Work: 07:30 to 11:30, 07:30 to 11:45, 10:48 to 18:58, rotating days.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate (Completed in the last 5 years)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth