COOK / SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISORApply Now Job ID 1286292 Date posted 08/08/2019
Facility :KOOTENAY LAKE REGNL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health Authority is looking for a Permanent Full Time Cook/Support Services Supervisor for various sites in Nelson, BC.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position is in charge of planning, preparing and/or directing the preparation of meals in a kitchen providing from 200 to 1199 meals per day and is responsible for supervising the Housekeeping and Laundry Service operations in the designated facilities.
Typical Duties will include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, providing feedback to employees and providing input into employee evaluations;
• Is in charge of planning, preparing and/or directing the preparation of meals in a kitchen providing from 200 to 1199 meals per day. In consultation with the Manager and/or Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents;
• Estimates food, housekeeping and laundry requirements and maintains inventory controls; orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers; maintains related reports and records, ensuring organizations contractual purchasing obligations are met;
• Provides input into the development and maintenance of standards and procedures for assigned areas.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas;
• Performs and/or directs a variety of dietary duties;
• Directs a variety of cleaning duties such as cleaning of patient rooms, lavatories, utility rooms, lounges, and various department areas;
• Performs and/ or directs a variety of laundry/linen duties;
• Ensures safety and sanitation practices and procedures are adhered to by utilizing checklists and other audit tools; performs recommended audits to ensure that established food, laundry, housekeeping service, and quality assurance standards are met. Reports any problems in accordance with established procedures;
• Ensures communication between employees, other staff, committees and administration is effective by utilizing memos, staff meetings, education, intranet and other methods of communication as required. Meets to resolve problems and co-ordinates implementation of solutions identified. Participates in recommended departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required;
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services, including pricing, staffing allotment, catering to Interior Health meetings, and other related duties. Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Dinners @ Home and Meals on Wheels;
• Reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment;
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 07:30 to 15:30
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, plus;
• Three years’ recent, related experience, including six months' supervisory experience
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a two year Food and Nutrition Management program.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth