MAINTENANCE WORKER IIIApply Now Job ID 1265078 Date posted 05/25/2019
Facility :EDGEWOOD OUTPOST HOSPITAL
Plant Services as a whole provides services and support for the safety and comfort of patients, staff, and visitors by maintaining the physical environment, grounds and systems. We are seeking a Maintenance Worker III at the Edgewood Outpost Hospital. The Maintenance Worker III performs maintenance and repairs related to buildings, grounds, and equipment, in one or more areas such as electrical, plumbing, painting, and grounds keeping.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment, and grounds. Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security, and fire regulations and policies. Makes recommendations for major repairs and purchases to Supervisor.
• Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance and repairs.
• Monitors work performed by contractors, prepares estimates of labour and material costs, contacts external contractors and tradespeople to obtain quotes, and arranges for major repairs and maintenance work.
• Collects and removes garbage and recyclable materials, and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
• Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks, and parking lots. Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning, and watering.
• Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as maintenance logs and security incident reports.
• Transports equipment, furniture, and supplies. Arranges furniture for special events.
• Monitors maintenance and housekeeping supplies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual employment provides relief in positions occupied by regular full time and regular part time employees. This includes short-notice, on-call shifts to covering absences in a specific position. Casual employees are called in to work in the order of their seniority and accumulate seniority on the basis of the number of hours worked. Interior Health requires all employees that work Casual to work a minimum of 225 hours over a twelve (12) month period.
Days of work will fall within a Monday to Friday schedule with hours 8 am to 4 pm.
Casual employees receive 9.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with Interior Health and assist in the above duties and responsibilities we would love to hear from you.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, Certificate in First Aide, plus two years recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth