PHYSIOTHERAPIST – DIVERSE, RURAL PRACTICEApply Now Job ID 1459122 Date posted 11/03/2020
Facility :LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre (LIH) invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist. LIH is looking for a knowledgeable Physiotherapist with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals that achieve optimal health outcomes.
LIH is a Community Hospital, located in Lillooet in the Fraser Canyon, and offers services including 24 hour emergency and laboratory. The Health Centre offers a variety of services in one location. The types of services delivered depend on patient needs and on whether comparable services are available nearby. In this position the Physiotherapist covers Acute Care, Outpatients, Home Health and Long Term Care. The majority of the patient caseload is from outpatients and home health visits. Other members of the rehab team include an Occupational Therapist from Merritt who provides regular service to the Long Term Care residents and Home Health clients in the area. There is full time Rehabilitation Assistant at the hospital to support rehab treatments and planning. The Home Health area that is covered is the Lillooet service area and does include the First Nation communities.
As a member of the LIH healthcare team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers. Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Lead you will draw upon your ability to identify client and therapist expectations and the client’s desired functional status and quality of life; administer standardized tests and measures; promote functional independence; and enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. Scheduled days of work are Monday to Friday (08:00 to 16:00 hours). Local travel is required in this role within the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus up to four weeks’ vacation after your first year of employment. A Relocation Allowance package will be offered with position. Hourly rates of pay are $35.27 to $43.81; to be determined by relative and recent prior work experience.
Community Profile: With one of the most pleasant climates in Canada, Lillooet’s legendary mountain scenery, history and vibrant community make it a wonderful place to live, work and play. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser River, Lillooet is brimming with amusement for people of all ages. Hundreds of kilometers of trail systems surround Lillooet and offer no end of hiking, cycling, birdwatching, camping and endless opportunity to explore. Fishing and excellent white-water rafting are just two of the many opportunities to enjoy the water around Lillooet.
If you are looking for a change in Physiotherapy practice and drawn to the beautiful landscape and outdoor adventure the Fraser Canyon has to offer, this may the opportunity for you! Need more information, contact our Recruiter at External.Recruitment@interiorhealth.ca.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.