PATIENT REGISTRATION / CASHIER / HEALTH RECORDS CLERICAL (LILLOOET)Apply Now Job ID 1245883 Date posted 04/08/2019
Facility :LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre is looking for Casual Patient Registration / Cashier / Health Records Clerks! Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Completes Patient Registration documentation for the admission of patients by interviewing patients, relatives or friends to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility;
• Explains Admission form, eligibility policies, room differentials and obtains signatures on forms as required;
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Requisitions diagnostic tests and procedures;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Performs accounts receivable duties, receiving and inputting charges/payments, posting billing information and issuing change and receipts;
• Identifies available bed booking options and communicates these options;
• Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Assembles charts/files, identifies and processes corrections in medical records, release of information, calculating and maintaining statistics, entering information into appropriate registries and databases;
• Retrieves, organizes and maintains filing systems for patient records, reports, paper and electronic documentation;
• Reviews admission/discharge forms or reports for correct insurance classification
• Performs hospital switchboard duties as required;
• Provides information and directions to visitors and handles telephone inquiries such as patient room numbers and visiting hours;
• Produces a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, medical reports, forms, medical billings from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
• Receives, opens and redirects the hospital’s incoming mail;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00.
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth