COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERApply Now Job ID 1290438 Date posted 08/22/2019
Facility :LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.01 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team in Lillooet. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This position is a 0.50 FTE position working days Friday through Tuesday, 07:00 to 13:00. Successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Lillooet home support is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth