STRATEGIC BUSINESS ADVISORApply Now Job ID 1323920 Date posted 10/18/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
The Strategic Business Advisor is responsible for supporting the Physician Compensation Team and the Medical Affairs portfolio in maximizing value and minimizing risk in relationships with physicians. The Strategic Business Advisor will focus on providing appropriate and timely information and support to the Manager, Physician Compensation.
The primary focus of the Strategic Business Advisor is to maintain a thorough knowledge of the Ministry of Health, Health Authority, and physician contract negotiation processes and systems and be the link between the operational contract processes and the strategic negotiation processes of the Team.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the Manager in the review and development of contract processes to ensure that new processes are strategically appropriate.
2. Advises Interior Health (IH) Managers on the strategic implications of contractual decisions and on appropriate action regarding the application for clinical service and administrative contracts and termination policies.
3. Provides first-line analysis of strategic reports as required by the Manager.
4. Provides administrative and data support to the Manager in project work.
5. Ensures the smooth working and continuous development of the performance management system including data collection, processes, validation, and management.
6. Supports the Manager in the development of training materials and policies such as change of service provider, subcontracting, and other issues of contractual compliance or intended change.
7. Provides the Manager with information to support contract renewal and new contract negotiation.
8. Supports the relationships between Manager and others within the Medical Affairs team on strategic issues.
9. Provides backup to other Advisors and Physician Compensation Assistants and Analysts, as required.
10. Performs other duties as requested by the Manager.
• A post-secondary diploma in a related field.
• A minimum of five years of experience in a complex environment, preferably in contract management.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Basic accounting knowledge is required.
• Expert knowledge of Word and Excel.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in IH and with outside peers in related fields across other Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health.
• Professional and courteous with excellent customer service
• Effective team member with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to compile and analyze data with a high level of detail.
• Flexible and willing to support the team where deemed necessary by the Manager.
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and to prioritize effectively.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth