STATISTICAL INFORMATION ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1296277 Date posted 08/13/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre is looking for a Casual Statistical Information Assistant to join their team! Apply today!
The Statistical Information Assistant maintains General Ledger accounts and related statistical reports including performing complex reconciliations such as:
• Performs complex reconciliations, detailed investigations and regular maintenance procedures on Statistical General Ledger Accounts to related statistical reports from clinical modules and manual departmental reports;
• Calculates indicators for benchmarking reports, such as combined financial and statistical, workload and period end/year end departmental reports;
• Creates, debugs and audits macros using Excel to support data collection, data entry, reconciliation and statistical reporting;
• Answers and resolves inquiries from various stakeholders and team members regarding the collection and reporting of MIS/General Ledger;
• Contacts various departments to collect, examine, perform data quality checks, and compile appropriate statistics for entry to the General Ledger for submission to the HAMIS database and reporting MIS/General Ledger based statistics in internal management reports;
• Compiles, completes and maintains a detailed inventory of all beds and bassinets in Interior Health’s acute hospitals and residential facilities;
• Communicates to the Manager any changes to the HAMIS Statistical Reports and the MIS chart of accounts for submission to the Ministry;
• Gathers statistical data from Meditech and Business Intelligence reports from prior years for comparison purposes;
• Tests standard Meditech reports used by Interior Health for compiling statistics for entry to the General Ledger. Escalates/reports issues to Manager (or designate) as required;
• Supports clinical departments in the application of the CIHI and BC MIS Standards by advising or identifying statistical reporting requirements;
• Assists with orienting private partner staff in the appropriate use of a secure portal to submit data to Interior Health;
• Checks the accuracy of indicators used in Business Intelligence reports for Performance Monitoring;
• Assists the Manager in developing and delivering Statistical MIS educational training requirements;
• Participates in continuous quality improvement activities;
• Assists with orienting new staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures and demonstrating use of equipment;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Your High School Diploma;
• Proof of Completion of 2 year’s of the CPA Program;
• Your Resume indicating four year’s recent related experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Completion of two years of the CPA program plus,
• 4 year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth