SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATORApply Now Job ID 1361100 Date posted 02/21/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health has a great permanent full time opportunity for a SharePoint Administrator. Come and join the amazing Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team. This position is based out of the Community Health & Services Centre (CHSC) in Kelowna.
If you have extensive SharePoint knowledge, of both past and current versions, knowledge of programming and coding, knowledge of server management this opportunity is for you!
Interior Health’s vision is “To set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia”. The role of IMIT on this strategy is to support this vision by enabling the people of Interior Health to achieve excellence through the best use of information and technology….“better information, better decisions, better health”.
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, and ongoing support of Interior Health’s SharePoint environment.
This position plays an integral role in the development and sustainment of SharePoint and other collaborative tools, both in their current state and as the organization explores alternative systems, all performed according to established policies, procedures, and standards.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As a senior resource to the Collaboration & Communication Systems team, the SharePoint Administrator provides day-to-day administration of collaboration tools, primarily supporting SharePoint environments by performing duties such as overseeing incident and request tickets, establishing access and control guidelines, maintaining and monitoring related infrastructure, and developing standards and best practices for use of the systems.
• Coordinates systems development projects meets with Managers to review current methodologies; identifies resource requirements; projects milestones and deliverables; conducts feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses and project planning; maintains project documentation, evaluation criteria and authorizations.
• Participates in provincial technical committees and working groups to provide Interior Health input and expertise for collaboration technology; assists in developing, implementing and supporting provincial standards for new and existing technologies using project management methodologies.
• Acts as a liaison between provincial committees and Interior Health; tests and evaluates new equipment and procedures; makes recommendations and provides feedback and reports as necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining infrastructure components required to support the SharePoint environment including but not limited to the configuration and maintenance of SharePoint services, web front-end servers, indexing servers, and some aspects of the database servers.
• Responsible for administering the SharePoint application including assisting with creating and maintaining sites, site collections, and customizations using the SharePoint Designer.
• Maintains the integrity and reliability of access to information including SharePoint backup and recovery.
• Plans, evaluates, and implements new functionality including workflow, forms, plugins, web parts, templates, etc.
• Responsible for establishing and/or maintaining end user access permissions and related system guidelines.
• Liaises with vendors to ensure that software and system issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science.
• Three years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth