SERVICE PARTNER, WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETYApply Now Job ID 1428565 Date posted 07/31/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a term specific full time Service Partner, Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) to join the IH Workplace Health & Safety department. This exciting term is until approximately December 2, 2021 or return of the incumbent. This position is based out of the Community Health and Services Centre office in downtown Kelowna.
Reporting to the Lead, Health, Safety, and Prevention, the WH&S Service Partner provides confidential administrative, research, reporting, and technical support to designated team members within Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) in Interior Health (IH). The Service Partner functions as a first point of contact for the assigned area(s) and directs both internal and external customers to the appropriate staff at both the corporate and the Health Service or Program Area levels to address their identified needs.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Responds to routine enquiries, answers telephone, take messages, and re-directs calls as required. Monitors WH&S general email inboxes and responds or redirects as appropriate.
• Maintains tracking system for relevant metrics such as inspection reports. Accesses data for various initiatives as directed. Maintains reports and statistics and conducts research for WH&S Advisors, Leads, and Manager, as required.
• Provides support to the designated team members by assisting in the preparation of program materials such as posters/pamphlets, flow charts, surveys, and educational materials.
• Coordinates meetings, including preparing and distributing agenda and minutes, and sets up equipment for conferencing. Serves as the recorder for designated committee/WH&S team meetings, following up on administrative action items as required.
• Coordinates appointments and makes conference, travel, and accommodation arrangements for WH&S Managers and team members. Provides administrative support for special events.
• Maintains filing systems for managing correspondence, minutes, and personnel and general information. Maintains and updates policy and procedure manuals, forms, etc.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties such as preparing communications for signature, faxing, and photocopying. Orders office supplies and support materials and oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial or office assistant program.
• A minimum of three years of related experience in Workplace Health & Safety or Human Resources.
• An appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth