SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPERApply Now Job ID 1468074 Date posted 11/19/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are looking for a permanent full time Senior Software Developerto join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna, B.C.
As the Senior Software Developer you will perform a variety of duties to ensure the provision of effective implementation, maintenance and support of information system projects throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Conducts feasibility studies for computerization by determining user department requirements; examining and identifying problems with existing systems and recommending modifications to and/or new systems; provides details of estimated implementation costs including associated staffing requirements.
• As a member of the team, consults and participates in the evaluation of client, server and system software and provides support and advice to Business and Clinical Analysts related to the creation and implementation of complex applications, programs and routines.
• Configures, tests, supports and maintains complex and/or large-scale applications that are integrated across multiple departments and throughout Interior Health.
• Advises junior software developers in the development and support of custom software programs and routines in order to meet specific application needs.
• Plans, implements and evaluates educational training programs and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to a) education of new users and b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
• Liaises with vendors to ensure that software and systems issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a position that allows you to truly make an impact in health care delivery this is the position for you. With ongoing training and networking opportunities throughout the province this is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, three years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.