Come live, work and play...where others only vacation!
Come live, work and play...where others only vacation!
Search Our Jobs
Search By Category
- Aboriginal Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Capital Planning and Projects Jobs
- Cardiac Services Jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Corporate Professionals Jobs
- Critical Care Transport Jobs
- Diagnostic Imaging Jobs
- Dietitian Jobs
- Emergency Jobs
- Finance Payroll Jobs
- Flexible Jobs
- Health Care Assistant Jobs
- Health Records Management Jobs
- Hemodialysis Jobs
- Home Health Jobs
- Home Support Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Intensive Care Jobs
- Laboratory Jobs
- Leadership Management Jobs
- Licensed Practical Nurse Jobs
- Medical Nurse Jobs
- Mental Health Jobs
- Neonatal Intensive Care Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Oncology Jobs
- Operating Room Jobs
- Other Health Science Professionals Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physiotherapy Jobs
- Primary Care Jobs
- Public Health Jobs
- Reg. Psychiatric Jobs
- Registered Nurse Jobs
- Rehabilitation Jobs
- Remote Nurse Jobs
- Rural Jobs
- Social Worker Jobs
- Speech Language Pathologist/Audiologist Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Surgical Jobs
- Therapeutic Recreation Jobs
- Therapy Assistants Jobs
- Trades Jobs
Search By Location
- 100 Mile House Jobs
- Armstrong Jobs
- Ashcroft Jobs
- Barrière Jobs
- Castlegar Jobs
- Chase Jobs
- Clearwater Jobs
- Cranbrook Jobs
- Creston Jobs
- Elkford Jobs
- Enderby Jobs
- Fernie Jobs
- Golden Jobs
- Grand Forks Jobs
- Invermere Jobs
- Kamloops Jobs
- Kaslo Jobs
- Kelowna Jobs
- Keremeos Jobs
- Kimberley Jobs
- Lillooet Jobs
- Logan Lake Jobs
- Lytton Jobs
- Merritt Jobs
- Nakusp Jobs
- Nelson Jobs
- New Denver Jobs
- Okanagan Jobs
- Oliver Jobs
- Penticton Jobs
- Princeton Jobs
- Revelstoke Jobs
- Salmon Arm Jobs
- Shuswap Jobs
- Slocan Jobs
- Sparwood Jobs
- Summerland Jobs
- Trail Jobs
- Vernon Jobs
- Williams Lake Jobs
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CAPITAL PROJECTSApply Now Job ID 00998770 Date posted 06/17/2017
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the strategies and processes for capital programs and projects specific to the assigned sites. The Senior Project Manager provides leadership and direction to a team of Project Managers (herein referred to as the Project Manager Team) to ensure that all assigned projects are developed, implemented, and delivered in accordance with the requirements of the Project’s functional program, scope of work, and quality measures. The Senior Project Manager provides the leadership and expertise required to ensure that the integration of projects is delivered within scope, cost, time, quality, to the client’s satisfaction, and within a safe working environment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership, direction, and supervision to the Project Manager Team.
• Establishes, monitors, and evaluates the goals and objectives for the Project Manager Team.
• Provides technical, operational, and project management guidance and direction to team members.
• Mentors, coaches, and develops members of the Project Manager Team to achieve their goals.
• Anticipates, plans, and integrates work activities to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Provides ongoing communication to Project Manager Team in regards to Interior Health’s (IH) and Capital Projects’ strategies, goals, and objectives for the department.
• Develops and administers resource plans to ensure effective utilization of resources.
• Administers Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures.
2. Manages the capital program strategy.
• Identifies the impact of proposed projects on IH programs, facilities, and infrastructure.
• Identifies issues and opportunities of proposed projects on programs, facilities, and infrastructure.
• Ensures plan alignment and integration with the overall IH corporate infrastructure.
• Provides input and recommendations to the consultant selection criteria.
• In concert with Legal Counsel, develops customized contracts to ensure that contract terms of reference are consistent with IH requirements and with current construction document requirements.
• Develops, updates, and implements standard contracts and agreement forms and ensures contracts are interpreted and executed according to established standards.
• Provides input into the establishment of risk management policies with respect to project-related insurance requirements.
• Ensures cash flow requirements are addressed in the establishment of project schedules.
• Reviews and facilitates changes in project scope through the established IH processes.
3. Leads and facilitates all stages of project design (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, scope of work, and functional program requirements.
4. Leads and facilitates all stages of project construction (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, scope of work, and functional program requirements.
5. Responsible for project management reporting and quality control.
6. Leads and facilitates all stages of operational commissioning (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, scope of work, and functional program requirements.
7. Establishes and maintains a network of relationships and influence in order to promote site interests and issues and also to influence decision-making affecting project outcomes with internal groups/ departments.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
• A post-secondary diploma in Architectural/Engineering Technology to interpret drawings and specifications; cost project technical requirements; understand and apply project management principles and practices; and have knowledge about construction standards and building codes, inspection and testing requirements, and construction agreements and associated general conditions of contracts. In addition to the technical requirements, training is preferred in project management software, contract law, insurance requirements, and financial management.
• A minimum of 10 years of related experience including hospital or medical facility construction experience and supervisory experience.
• PMP designation preferred.
• IH Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
• Ability to effectively present and clarify requirements, expectations, ideas, and concepts to various audiences/stakeholders.
• Ability to organize and use internal and external resources effectively and efficiently to accomplish goals.
• Ability to create and achieve results by engaging and influencing individual, group, or departmental/site goals.
• Ability to analyze and interpret diverse and complex technical and operating information to develop business acumen – knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or organization.
• Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse consultant, contractor, and user problems/requests.
• Ability to render judgment and take action when appropriate after exploring and developing alternative courses of action, based on logical assumptions, expert judgment, and factual information.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and provide timely responses.
• Valid class 5 BC Driver’s license required as travel to the various sites to oversee the projects is necessary.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
By being hired into one of our Capital Planning and Projects jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Capital Planning and Projects careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Capital Planning and Projects job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Capital Planning and Projects at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.