SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CAPITAL PROJECTSApply Now Job ID 1417657 Date posted 06/30/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking a Senior Project Manager, Capital Projects.
The Senior Project Manager provides leadership and direction to a team of Project Managers to ensure that assigned projects are planned, designed and delivered in accordance with the requirements of the functional program, scope of work, and quality measures. The Senior Project Manager provides the leadership and expertise required to ensure that multiple concurrent projects are delivered within scope, cost, time, quality, to the Owner’s satisfaction, and within a safe working environment.
1. Provides leadership, direction, and supervision on Capital Projects:
• Ensures project team are supported and development of team members skills,
• Establishes, monitors, and evaluates the goals and objectives for their team,
• Provides technical, operational, and project management guidance and mentoring,
• Anticipates, plans, and integrates work activities to accomplish goals and objectives,
• Develops and administers resource plans to ensure effective utilization of resources,
• Administers Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures.
2. Manages the capital program strategy:
Identifies the impact of proposed projects on IH programs, facilities, and infrastructure.
• Identifies issues and opportunities of proposed projects on programs, facilities, and infrastructure.
• Ensures plan alignment and integration with the overall IH corporate infrastructure.
• Develops, updates, and implements standard contracts and agreement forms and ensures contracts are interpreted and executed according to established standards.
• Provides input into the establishment of risk management policies with respect to project-related insurance requirements.
• Ensures cash flow requirements are addressed in the establishment of project schedules.
• Reviews and facilitates changes in project scope through the established IH processes.
3. Leads and facilitates the project design to ensure consistency with functional program, cost effectiveness, technical, scope of work and adherence to building standards/codes;
• Acts as a liaison between consultants and internal clients during the planning stages to ensure compliance with client requirements, application of sound industry practices, and consistency with IH policies and practices.
• Analyzes technical and situational information to determine potential impact on services, facilities, systems, and/or staff for all projects impacting the site at a strategic level.
• Participates in project steering committee meetings to establish critical project success factors.
• Participates in the establishment, verification and management of project budgets.
• Reviews to ensure technical feasibility requirements are addressed and cost effectiveness of project is considered.
• Reviews all drawings and specifications to ensure adherence to building standards and coordinates input from users to confirm functionality.
• Develops tactical plans to align with operational plans and site and IH corporate strategies.
4. Leads and facilitates all stages of project construction to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, scope of work, and functional program requirements.
• Reviews functional project design to ensure that all construction requirements and sequence are included (e.g., decanting, demolition and building systems issues) and logical.
• Prepares Request for Proposal or tender documents.
• Ensures contract documents reflect project requirements, sound business practices, and are consistent with IH policies and procedures.
• Monitors all stages of construction to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to contract terms of reference, and consistency with technical and functional program requirements.
• Reviews and approves all change management documentation, signs time and material work sheets, and processes progress claims.
• Performs or arranges for site inspections.
• Ensures consultants and constructors meet their contractual obligations.
5. Responsible for project management reporting and quality control.
• Ensure the project(s) comply with objectives related to programming, schedule, quality, and cost, strategic goals and standards of IH.
• Provides systematic tracking and reporting of all site projects for scope, cost, timelines, and quality control.
• Evaluates design specifications to ensure they are within allocated budgets and scope at various project milestones.
• Provides reports and briefings to senior management, Regional Hospital Districts, and to project steering committee(s) to update project status, provide cash flow projections, and cost information.
• Advises and supports Capital Accounting with corporate reporting processes.
6. Leads and facilitates all stages of operational commissioning (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, scope of work, and functional program requirements.
• Coordinates and/or participates in the development and implementation of building commissioning plan.
• Meets with users to review arrangements/requirements for moves.
• Meets with all support departments to schedule adequate time for pre-move tasks.
• Facilitates testing and equipment inspection processes.
• Ensures orientation and training to client users on new equipment (e.g., nurse call system) is arranged.
• Verifies that space and components are functional.
7. Holds overall responsibility and accountability for the successful outcome of all projects and project processes. Deals with a diversity of specialized clients and stakeholders as well as consultants / contractors. Uses influence and persuasive skills to ensure successful project outcomes, balancing diverse and, occasionally, conflicting interests and requirements within approved budgets.
8. Administratively responsible for overall management of a team of Project Managers. Supervision includes establishment of goals and objectives, delegating work assignments, monitoring performance, orientation, training, coaching, mentoring and if necessary discipline.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
• A post-secondary diploma in Architectural/Engineering Technology to interpret drawings and specifications; cost project technical requirements; understand and apply project management principles and practices; and have knowledge about construction standards and building codes, inspection and testing requirements, and construction agreements and associated general conditions of contracts. In addition to the technical requirements, training is preferred in project management software, contract law, insurance requirements, and financial management.
• A minimum of 10 years of related experience including hospital or medical facility construction experience and supervisory experience, and
• PMP designation preferred.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth