SECTION HEAD – HEALTH INFORMATION PROCESSINGApply Now Job ID 1262775 Date posted 06/05/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an expert, fully CHIMA certified, Health Record Practitioner, with a minimum of one year’s supervisory experience, for a permanent, full time Section Head opportunity based at Kelowna General Hospital.
This position is responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination, evaluation, planning and monitoring of the Health Information Processing Section in accordance with Interior Health HIM’s goals and directions. The Section Health, Health Information Processing, acts as an expert resource to staff and students working in the section. This position will lead the strategic and tactical planning for the section by developing goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day operations and coordination of the section by performing duties such as: supervising and providing training/orientation; developing, monitoring and implementing policies and procedures; scheduling and coordinating work assignments; preparing/administering performance evaluations for staff; and interviewing and making recommendations to Professional Practice Leader for recruitment of staff.
• Monitors staffing levels and workload patterns and ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained. Prepares staff work schedules and rotations; approves vacation requests in accordance with collective agreements and departmental policies and procedures. Mentors staff and provides input into departmental and health service area succession planning.
• Acts as a technical/clinical resource to staff.
• Monitors and reports on operating expenditures and demonstrates fiscal accountability as it relates to the section; makes recommendations to the Professional Practice Leader related to capital equipment and service delivery; and investigates and justifies variances as directed.
• Develops and fosters effective relationships with colleagues and peers within Interior Health and external agencies (including professional and licensing bodies) that positively influence professional practice.
• Complies with current legislation, professional standards and organizational policies.
• Participates in Safety Programs, committees or projects as required.
Days of work are Monday to Friday (09:00 to 17:00 hours) with weekends and statutory holidays off. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance. In addition, a comprehensive Pension Plan is included for all permanent employees.
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is a 445-bed tertiary referral hospital. KGH continues to grow and expand to meet increasing demands, expand health services, and enhance patient care in the Okanagan. The new six-story, Centennial Patient Care Tower opened in May 2012 and included a new and expanded emergency department and ambulatory care department, five new operating rooms, a rooftop helipad, an expanded adult inpatient psychiatric unit, and extra space for more patient beds in the future.
The Interior Heart and Surgical Centre opened for patient care in 2015 and the new perinatal (maternity) unit opened in March 2016. The surgical suite is fully integrated with a complete cardiac revascularization program, including open heart surgery with specialty care beds and percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs).
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, Kelowna (population 120,812) is an exciting hybrid of amazing food and wine, vibrant culture and beach-based vacations on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Visitors flock to the Kelowna area to go wine touring and taste locally produced food, to visit museums and galleries, and to take advantage of endless outdoor recreation opportunities. The city is home to outstanding golf courses, scenic trails, and plenty of beach and water-based fun.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Graduation from a recognized program for Health Information Practitioners plus three years recent related experience including one year in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Certified by the Canadian College of Health Information Management as a certificant, and eligible for active membership with the Canadian Health Information Management Association.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth