REHABILITATION SERVICES CLERKS (KELOWNA)Apply Now Job ID 1206396 Date posted 01/08/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Kelowna General Hospital is seeking ONGOING CASUAL Rehabilitaiton Services Clerical applications for current and future positions as need arises throughout the year....Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Rehabilitation Program, such as:
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Obtains medical information required from patients and completes a variety of standard forms
• Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming and out-going mail;
• Posts billing information, receives and records payments, issues change and receipts, and prepares/submits cost estimates for various paying agencies;
• Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and databases;
• Maintains timekeeping records for staff and submits to payroll;
• Types technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, reports, letters, pamphlets, posters, manuals, memos from handwritten drafts or dictating machines;
• Record management duties related to clinical activities;
• Requisitions, receives and stores stationery and supplies;
• Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates;
• Composes and signs general correspondence such as appointment confirmations, information requests and form letters. Distributes correspondence as required.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 07:30 to 15:30, 07:29 to 12:30, 07:45 to 15:45, 11:30 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 14:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma, a Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution and proof of completion of Medical Terminology Course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth