OPERATING ROOM NURSE (PERIOPERATIVE)Apply Now Job ID 1448221 Date posted 10/30/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Perioperative (Operating Room). KGH is looking for knowledgeable Operating Room RNs with advanced preparation in the clinical specialty perioperative nursing and one year recent, related clinical experience.
KGH is a tertiary hospital is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services with approximately 400 beds and over 84,000 ED visits yearly. As member of the KGH surgical services’ team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team.
Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations Operating Room, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
This position is to provide coverage until February 2022, or the return of incumbent. Shifts will be Days and Nights scheduled on a rotational basis. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package (depending on position type) including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus up to four weeks’ vacation after your first year of employment.
At KGH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We are building a team that ensures the highest standards of patient and family care for both perioperative and cardiac services throughout our region. Come and join our expanding team! Apply Today!
Facility Details: KGH is home to the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC) and is BC’s only cardiac critical care centre outside of Victoria and the Lower Mainland. IHSC is Kelowna General Hospital’s principal surgical site and features 12 specialized Operating Rooms created for Thoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Plastics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ears Nose and Throat, Orthopedics, General and Trauma surgeries with two ORs dedicated to Cardiac Surgery. The Centennial Building boasts a total of 360,000 square feet, an expanded emergency and ambulatory care department, modern operating rooms and a rooftop helipad. KGH is a teaching centre for the Southern Medical Program affiliated with UBC. With the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre and new medical inpatient units in the Centennial Building, dedicated psychiatry units for youth and adults, a modern maternity ward, enhanced laboratory and clinical departments in the new Dr. Walter Anderson Building, and an academic campus that serves as a satellite for the University of British Columbia Medical School, KGH has become one of BC’s leading healthcare centres.
Community Profile: Glistening water below lush mountains, dotted with parks frame the Okanagan's largest and liveliest population centre; Kelowna. Okanagan Lake is the perfect place to sail, kayak, or relax on the beach. Rolling greens offer world class golfing, minutes away from spectacular hiking and biking trails. In the winter enjoy ski resorts and skating rinks right at your fingertips. Decorated with heritage buildings and modern architecture, Kelowna offers something for everyone with orchards, vineyards and all the amenities of a major centre. From restaurants, and shops, to art galleries, live music and theatre, this city has it all. Come and experience our four season’s playground and see why life is better here.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (perioperative nursing) and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.