REGISTERED NURSE – AMBULATORY CARE INFUSION ROOMApply Now Job ID 1405343 Date posted 06/01/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Interior Health’s Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Ambulatory Care Infusion Room. KGH is looking for Registered Nurses knowledgeable in running blood transfusions.
KGH is a tertiary hospital is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services with approximately 400 beds and over 84,000 ED visits yearly. KGH's Ambulatory Care operates 7 days a week. Minor surgeries, including Plastic Surgery, ENT are performed, as well as medical treatments including blood product transfusions and IV treatments.
As member of the KGH Ambulatory Care team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team. Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shifts when available will fall within a Day schedule. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. A Casual position may lead into regular employment opportunities as once hired, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
At KGH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We are building a team that ensures the highest standards of patient and family care for both perioperative and cardiac services throughout our region. Come and join our expanding team! Apply Today!
Facility Details: KGH is a 441-bed, tertiary referral hospital offering high-level, specialty medical care including 24 hour emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic/paramedical services.
Community Profile: Glistening water below lush mountains, dotted with parks frame the Okanagan's largest and liveliest population centre; Kelowna. Okanagan Lake is the perfect place to sail, kayak, or relax on the beach. Rolling greens offer world class golfing, minutes away from spectacular hiking and biking trails. In the winter enjoy ski resorts and skating rinks right at your fingertips. Decorated with heritage buildings and modern architecture, Kelowna offers something for everyone with orchards, vineyards and all the amenities of a major centre. From restaurants, and shops, to art galleries, live music and theatre, this city has it all. Come and experience our four season’s playground and see why life is better here.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) - a minimum of 600 hours of demonstrated IV therapy experience and/or successful completion of an approved course on PICC/Midline catheter insertion is an asset.
• One year's recent related general duty nursing experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth