RECREATION THERAPISTApply Now Job ID 1281414 Date posted 07/10/2019
We are seeking a casual Recreation Therapist to join us at our Long Term Care sites at Cottonwoods,Three Links Manor, David Lloyd Jones and Brookhaven in Kelowna, B.C. Our Long Term Care sites are all multi-level homes with specialized areas such as Short Stay, and Palliative beds. The goal is to improve or maintain a resident’s physical and cognitive function and improve or maintain a resident’s social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
This position may be scheduled for day shifts; shift times are 08:00 to 16:00.
Working within the context of a client and resident centered care model, and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, the Recreation Therapist provides recreation and leisure programs/activities one-on-one and in groups to clients as well as:
• Assesses clients' recreation and leisure needs, develops and coordinates the delivery of therapeutic recreation plans, and evaluates outcomes/objectives.
• Performs recreation/leisure assessments to create therapeutic recreation programs that benefit the clients’ health, functional status, personal development, and quality of life.
• Documents behavioural and functional observations. Develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans in collaboration with others. Monitors clients' progress, revisits goals, identifies accomplishments and sets/revises time lines to ensure objectives are met.
• Collaborates with Occupational/ Rehabilitation staff, other health care professionals, social and recreational agencies/groups in the resolution of client program issues. Contributes to the organization and delivery of Recreation Therapy services, and participates in designated quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education, as required.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation! Apply today
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree program in Recreational Therapy plus two years recent related experience.
• Eligible for professional membership with the B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA).
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth