PROTECTION AND PARKING CLERKApply Now Job ID 1342442 Date posted 12/05/2019
Facility :KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
Protection & Parking Services at the Kelowna Warehouse in Kelowna, BC is looking for a Casual Protection & Parking Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs various clerical support functions for the corporate Protection & Parking Services program such as:
• Distributing parking passes and related materials, liaising with various positions across IH regarding parking passes and photo identification, taking photos, producing photo identification and access cards;
• Customer service - receiving and processing requests for information, addressing and documenting routine customer complaints, identifying issues for management staff;
• Reception support;
• Types non-technical material such as correspondence, memos, agendas, minutes and spreadsheets using available software;
• Maintains and compiles statistics such as pass sales, parking lot usage, security activity, parking violations, and complaint resolution;
• Arranging meetings/special functions as directed;
• Maintaining filing systems;
• Reception services.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm;
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to deal with others effectively;
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
• Ability to organize work;
• Ability to operate related equipment.
*Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT. Upload a TYPING TEST (min. 45 wpm within the PAST 24 MONTHS) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from an accredited College/Universities.*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.”
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth