PROJECT LEAD, SURGICAL STRATEGYApply Now Job ID 1253504 Date posted 04/29/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Do you possess advanced project management skills and can orchestrate multiple activities at once? Are you an organized and energetic leader who can inspire those around them? We are seeking a temporary full time Project Lead, Surgical Strategy to join our Surgical Network team!
Reporting to the Senior Leader, Surgical Strategy, and supporting the Network Director, Surgical Services, the Project Lead prepares and coordinates high priority surgical projects from initial planning though implementation and evaluation at the regional level. The Project Lead is also accountable to and responsible for reporting project status to the Senior Leader for the implementation of priority Interior Health (IH) and provincial surgical strategies being implemented. The Project Lead provides leadership to project teams and ensures the involvement and participation of key stakeholders including clinicians, medical staff, and support staff through all the project stages so that projects are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality. The Project Lead is required to lead or coordinate several projects simultaneously.
The Project Lead works with other leaders from across IH and key stakeholders at the site, community, and provincial levels to facilitate ongoing collaboration, potential for standardization of approaches and application of change management requirements. Additionally, the Project Lead develops and populates project charters, status updates, briefing papers and reports, and ensures the timely and effective implementation of decisions and communication between various working groups, teams, key stakeholders, site leadership, the IH Surgical Network Team and Senior Executive.
This is a temporary position until March 31, 2020.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree.
• Five years of recent, related experience at a senior level working within a complex public or private sector environment. Recent experience with system change initiatives in a regional Health Authority, hospital, or community health setting is a significant asset.
• Formal education and/or experience in project management are required.
Skills and Abilities
• Advanced project management skills and in-depth knowledge of project management concepts, methods, practices, and tools.
• Ability to provide leadership to others in a team setting.
• Broad knowledge of healthcare and system/service delivery models.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to facilitate, negotiate, and persuade others both internal and external to the organization. Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish results.
• Ability to effectively present and clarify requirements, and gain support for expectations, ideas, and concepts with various audiences/stakeholders.
• Ability to create and achieve results by engaging and influencing individual, group, or departmental goals.
• Ability to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement.
• Knowledgeable about policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or organization.
• Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests.
• Ability to effectively explore alternatives in order to make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and provide timely responses.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth