PROGRAM ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1237959 Date posted 07/12/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
The Professional Practice Office at the Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre is looking for a Relief Part Time Program Assistant, apply today!
This position administrative and technical support for other clinical education initiatives/programs within the Professional Practice Office (PPO) such as:
• Acts as an IH contact for clinical student placement processes by receiving, conveying, and exchanging information/documentation on student placements and clinical education initiatives/programs;
• Maintains, reviews, and renews educational affiliation agreements by gathering/exchanging information and completing/submitting required documentation;
• Liaises with IH HSPnet receiving coordinators, destination coordinators, and academic institutions to facilitate completion of documentation processes for clinical student placements;
• Supports internal IH users of the HSPnet system by performing duties such as activating/inactivating user accounts and responding to user inquiries and identifying and resolving routine issues;
• Utilizes computerized applications, web-based applications, and other database systems to receive and process documentation relating to clinical student placement requests, clinical education initiatives and other PPO projects;
• Enters and edits information into the HSPnet system including establishing new programs and courses, updating course information, establishing new cohorts for programs, ensuring team lists and contact info are accurate;
• Maintains, updates and modifies databases and documentation related to other clinical student placements and PPO work by performing duties such as data entry and compiling statistical data and summary reports;
• Composes and signs routine correspondence such as student placement confirmation and form letters as directed or drafts correspondence for review. Prepares, edits and maintains a variety of documents through various modes of communication such as written, electronic and web-based;
• Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for material such as correspondence, clinical student placement documentation and department files;
• Using pre-approved content, prepares e-Learning modules/presentation using various computer applications. Maintains and updates e-Learning modules and course registration procedures within the IH Learning Management System (LMS) as required;
• Receives, redirects, and suggests alternative placements to applicable coordinators and academic institutions. Maintains a tracking system to ensure student placement requests are responded to and finalized in a reasonable timeframe; follows up on outstanding requests as required;
• Attends a variety of meetings related to HSPnet/IH LMS and prepares agenda, records proceedings, prepares minutes/reports, and distributes as appropriate.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Hours of Work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Shift Times: 08:30 to 16:30, 08:30 to 16:30, 08:30 to 12:30
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth