PRACTICE SUPPORT PROGRAM COORDINATORApply Now Job ID 1192827 Date posted 11/28/2018
Facility :KELOWNA HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to support quality improvement while working in a flexible environment? We have an amazing opportunity for a Practice Support Program Coordinator to join our team in Kelowna, BC!
The Practice Support Program (PSP) Coordinator is responsible for providing a range of support at the community and practice level by engaging physicians, their staff, and relevant coordinated care teams in collaborative quality improvement projects. As part of a Regional Support Team (RST), PSP Coordinator will partner with local Divisions of Family Practice (DoFP), Health Authority representatives, and other community partners to support and enable the adoption, implementation, and measurable sustainment of practice improvements.
The PSP originated as an initiative of the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC). The program now supports the Shared Care Committee (SCC) and the Specialist Services Committee (SSC). These three committees are known as the Joint Clinical Committees (JCC), a partnership between Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health. The PSP focuses on providing quality improvement and practice support within physician practices with the primary goals of improving both patient outcomes as well as the professional experience of physicians.
Interior Health offers one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Health Services, Health Information Management, Business Administration, or Psychology.
• Five years of experience, including experience in leadership and the application of coaching techniques, project management, and quality improvement methodologies.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience in project management business analysis, change management, LEAN management, and practice change management initiatives.
• Experience in a healthcare role, clinical practice role, or an MOA/office manager role, particularly related to clinical workflow process using EMRs, is an asset.
• A valid BC Driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Skills and Abilities
• Emotional self-awareness: recognizes own emotions and their effects.
• Trustworthiness: maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
• Conscientiousness: takes responsibility for personal performance.
• Adaptability: flexible in handling change.
• Achievement orientation: strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
• Initiative: ready to act on opportunities.
• Innovativeness: comfortable with and open to novel ideas and new information.
• Organization awareness: aligns with the goals of the group or organization.
• Service orientation: anticipates, recognizes, and meets customers’ needs.
• Political awareness: able to read a group’s emotional currents and power relationships.
• Leadership: inspires and guides groups and people.
• Communication: sends clear and convincing messages.
• Change catalyst: initiates or manages change.
• Conflict management: negotiates and resolves disagreements.
• Building bonds: nurtures instrumental relationships.
• Teamwork and collaboration: creates a shared vision and synergy in teamwork.
• The physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth