PRACTICE LEAD – MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE USEApply Now Job ID 1205109 Date posted 01/07/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking an engaging, passionate leader to join our team as the Practice Lead – Mental Health and Substance Use. Do you have experience with project management and data collection and analysis? Are you looking for a chance to build on your leadership skills? Then we want to hear from you!
As the Practice Lead – Mental Health and Substance Use, you will design strategy, set standards and direction for programs that fall within the Mental Health and Substance Use - Integration and Strategic Services Portfolio; and collaborate with other portfolios to ensure the seamless integration of client-centered services. Assessing and identifying critical issues and opportunities in health-care, the Practice Lead will develop strategic recommendations for Program Directors as the portfolio moves forward. Crucial to the success of the position is the ability to analyze and consolidate Ministry and Interior Health (IH) objectives, evidence-based practice, emerging best practices, standards, and existing or new regulatory requirements into viable operation plans for IH.
The location of this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a clinical area supplemented by a clinical specialty Master’s degree.
• Five to seven years of recent, related experience in the field of Mental Health and Substance Use.
• Experience related to older adults and MHSU would be beneficial and is preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with diverse populations, incorporating diverse perspectives, values, and approaches into planning.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze situations and problems such that viable solutions are found. Approaches challenges and complexities from a systems perspective.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward a vision while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to introduce and manage purposeful change that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and operating principles of IH.
• Demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that lead to identified outcomes.
• Ability to utilize computer software/hardware in a Windows environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth