PRACTICE LEAD, HOME HEALTHApply Now Job ID 1196486 Date posted 12/07/2018
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking a permanent full time Practice Lead to join our team in Kelowna, BC. If you are an innovative self starter with experience in Home Health and a passion for healthcare, apply today!
Practice Leads will design strategy, set standard and direction for programs that fall within the Home Health portfolio; collaborate with other portfolios to ensure the seamless integration of client-centered services. Assessing and identifying critical issues and opportunities in health care, the incumbent will develop strategic recommendations for the Program Director as the portfolio moves forward. Crucial to the success of the position is the ability to analyze and consolidate Ministry and IHA objectives, evidence-based practice, emerging best practices, standards, and existing or new regulatory requirements into viable operation plans for IHA.
The incumbent will be expected to see the “big picture” by:
• Keeping pace with changes by scanning the environment for the relevant trends and developments affecting the portfolio’s programs.
• Demonstrating the ability to identify strategic issues and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders across IH to assess the situation and alternatives.
• Keeping apprised of Topical IHA, Strategic Provincial and Federal initiatives, and providing advice to the Director.
• Building collaborative integrative alliances across IH that can champion and build momentum for strategic change.
• Supporting stakeholders including strategic plans execution, strategic process improvements, and communication.
• Monitoring input and enhancing performance metrics, continual and annual performance improvement, and planning of program strategic direction.
• Responding to changes in the global health care environment and participating in various ad-hoc projects as directed including guidance on process and methodology.
• Possessing a depth and breadth of knowledge to successfully implement strategies across the continuum of programs including Primary Health Care, Mental Health and Substance Use, Promotion and Prevention, Community Care, and Aboriginal Health.
Education, Training and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in a Clinical Area supplemented by Clinical Specialists Master’s Program
• 5-7 Years of recent, related Home Health experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with diverse populations, incorporating diverse perspectives, values, and approaches into planning.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze situations and problems such that viable solutions are found. Approach challenges and complexities from a systems perspective.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to introduce and manage purposeful change that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and operating principles of IHA.
• Demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that leads to identified outcomes.
• Ability to utilize computerized software/hardware technology within a Windows environment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth