PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE OUTPATIENT AND INPATIENT CAREApply Now Job ID 1453815 Date posted 10-20-2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist. KGH is looking for a knowledgeable Physiotherapist with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals that achieve optimal health outcomes.
KGH is a tertiary hospital and is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of healthcare services and consisting of 400+ beds and over 84,000 Emergency Department visits yearly. As a member of the KGH multidisciplinary rehabilitation team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers. Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Lead you will draw upon your ability to identify client and therapist expectations and the client’s desired functional status and quality of life; administer standardized tests and measures; promote functional independence; and enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
This position is to provide coverage until December 2021, or the return of incumbent. It is a position within both outpatient and inpatient care at KGH and includes a regular rotation of 1 in 4 weekends. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus up to four weeks’ vacation after your first year of employment. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
KGH: Our state of the art Centennial Building opened in 2017 and boasts a total of 360,000 square feet, expanded Emergency and Ambulatory Care Departments, modern Operating Rooms and a rooftop helipad. KGH is also a teaching centre for the Southern Medical Program affiliated with University of British Columbia (UBC). With the state-of-the-art Interior Heart & Surgical Centre, new medical inpatient units in the Centennial Building, dedicated psychiatry units for youth and adults, a modern maternity ward, enhanced laboratory and clinical departments (i.e. Dr. Walter Anderson Building), and an academic campus that serves as a satellite for UBC Medical School, KGH has become one of BC’s leading healthcare centres.
Interior Health (IH) offers a positive work environment that promotes continuous learning, professional growth, and clinical skill development. When you join IH, you will be part of a progressive, multi-disciplinary team that consistently focuses on leading practice rehabilitation programs.
Community Profile: Kelowna’s sunny weather, spectacular scenery, lakes, canyons and many attractions are the perfect combination for those who enjoy an active lifestyle and an urban setting. Kelowna residents and visitors enjoy a vibrant cultural life including a professional symphony, annual festivals, and art exhibits. Downtown Kelowna offers a spectacular landscape of lake, mountains and parks, with a wide range of cafés, continental and ethnic restaurants and noisy nightclubs to choose from as well as unique shops and boutiques, heritage buildings and modern architecture, art galleries and museums, music and live theatre, and even a symphony and ballet. Golf courses, orchards, pristine lakes and numerous surrounding vineyards make Kelowna (and nearby West Kelowna and Winfield/Lake Country) a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. World-class skiing and snowboarding is only a short drive away at Big White – where Canada’s largest ski-in/ski-out village offers a host of winter activities, fine dining and shopping.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.