PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1232774 Date posted 03/05/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is a tertiary hospital and is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services with approximately 400 beds and over 84,000 ED visits yearly. Our state of the art Centennial Building recently opened and boasts a total of 360,000 square feet, an expanded emergency and ambulatory care department, modern operating rooms and a rooftop helipad. KGH is also a teaching centre for the Southern Medical Program affiliated with UBC. With the state-of-the-art Interior Heart & Surgical Centre and new medical inpatient units in the Centennial Building, dedicated psychiatry units for youth and adults, a modern maternity ward, enhanced laboratory and clinical departments in the new Dr. Walter Anderson Building, KGH has become one of BC’s leading healthcare centres.
At KGH Physiotherapists work in many areas of the hospital: Ortho, Neuro, Medical Intensive, Cardiac ICU, Thoracic Surgery, Plastics, Daycare Surgery, Oncology, Palliative, Stroke Medical, Renal, Emergency, General Surgical, Psychiatric, Outpatient Neuro-Rehab and Occupational Rehab.
We provide student placements for MPT students from various university programs. We have a staff of 60+ Physiotherapists who require relief coverage for vacation and sick time. In a Casual position, KGH routinely offers up to full time hours. Opportunities to apply internally to regular positions are offered to current Physiotherapy employees.
Casual Employment Details:
Once hired into a casual position, employees become eligible to apply internal on relief and permanent positions as they become vacant. Casual employees will receive 12.2% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
What our KGH Physiotherapists are saying:
“The best part of working at KGH is the young staff, having lots of help and resources, the multi-disciplinary help and knowledge.” ~ Jon
“The most rewarding part of my job is the diversity of patient care and the skills that are utilized. Working in a supportive, fun team environment.” ~ Lauren
“I choose Interior Health because of the good work/life balance and job security in public health. I’m continually learning.” ~ Mitchell
We have a welcoming, supportive and cohesive team waiting to meet you! Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth