PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1392924 Date posted 05/15/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Physician Compensation Department at the Community Health & Services Centre in Kelowna, BC is looking for a Permanent Full Time Physician Compensation Assistant to join their team! Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
This position performs accounting duties such as providing confidential administrative and accounting support as it relates to physician compensation including performing complex reconciliations.
• Maintains the Rural confirmation Physician Master listing by methods such as using Excel and reporting from the Physician Invoicing Portal (PIP) system to update physician information required to determine the benefit eligibility for various programs within the Rural Practice Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) of the Physician Master Agreement (PMA) (such as the Rural Retention Flat, Rural Community Medical Education fund, etc.) and calculates the amounts owing to Physicians each quarter.
• Reviews funding reports from Ministry of Health, interprets data provided, and extracts corresponding information from files to ensure data integrity and accuracy of information. Identifies problems or discrepancies
• Prepares complex reconciliations on a variety of general ledger accounts
• Reviews Funding Requests and assists managers with annual process of developing the Northern & Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program (NITAOP)
• Evaluates physician compensation invoices/reports against Physician Master Agreement (PMA) and Interior Health policy to ensure policies are adhered to
• Prepares the periodic payment file and Reviews files in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
• Performs calculations, recurring transactions processing physician compensation invoices/ reports and reconciles annual Rural Program payments
• Submits reports, communicates, and liaises with other Interior Health staff, Ministry of Health staff, physicians and physician groups regarding provincial programs as they relate to physician compensation.
• Prepares period-end and year-end accounting accruals by reconciling payments made year-to-date to timing of financial statements
• Performs other related duties as assigned/directed
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00 hours
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Completion of two years of the CPA program
• 4 year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to supervise
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth