PAYROLL ADMINISTRATORApply Now Job ID 1290785 Date posted 08/28/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Interior Health Payroll Department located in Kelowna, BC is looking for a Permanent Full Time Payroll Administrator to join their team. Apply today!
The Kelowna office is home to the centralized corporate Payroll department for the entire health authority. With over 20 full time employees, this department is responsible for all payroll functions required to service our approx. 20,000 employees. We look forward to hearing from you, come and join our fantastic team!!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a recognized Payroll Course;
• Your Resume indicating three years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
The Payroll Administrator performs clerical duties including:
• Working with the team to process bi-weekly payroll for approx. 20,000 employees;
• Updating information for employee data files, including position changes and benefit accumulation;
• Responding to requests from third parties such as WorkSafeBC and Service Canada:
• Answering general inquiries from employees regarding their pay and deductions as such.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 16:00 hours
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of a recognized Payroll Course, Plus
• Three year’s recent related experience in a large, computerized payroll environment, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth