PATIENT PORTERApply Now Job ID 1428553 Date posted 08/01/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
The Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna is looking for Casual Patient Porters to join their team! If you have completed a minimum of Grade 10 education, have knowledge of safe patient handling techniques, and the physical ability and skills to perform the required duties, apply today!
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities of the Patient Porter Include:
• Transports patients (including personal belongings) as instructed from appropriate source, using designated equipment such as wheelchairs, stretchers or specialty beds to ensure arrival at specified location within time requirements.
• Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment such as intravenous solutions and poles, medications, catheters and oxygen cylinders, as required.
• Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed.
• Porters patients requiring assistance on discharge from nursing unit or treatment area to hospital exit.
• Transports deceased patients by obtaining morgue stretcher, proceeding to the ward/area as notified, assisting nursing staff with transferring deceased onto the stretcher as directed, moving deceased to the morgue, logging information such as time of arrival and body tag number for records, according to hospital policies and procedures.
• Completes routine forms and keeps records relating to the work performed, as required.
• Maintains the overall tidiness of the unit(s) such as storing clean linen supplies, moving bags of soiled linen, unloading supply carts and storing items in their designated areas, cleaning and dusting storage areas as required.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once employed in a casual role, employees will have the opportunity to bid on internal positions for permanent and temporary lines.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 10 plus one years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**Only candidates who demonstrate the required qualifications, skills, and abilities, will be contacted**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth