PATHOLOGY OFFICE CLERKApply Now Job ID 1196404 Date posted 12/07/2018
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital, Laboratory Department, is looking for a Casual Pathology Office Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, plus one year's recent experience and a current Typing Test 50 wpm or greater....Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 50 wpm or greater completed within the past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
This position maintains all recent and old pathology records, distributes pathology and laboratory reports such as:
• Files pathology reports and slides;
• Coordinates slides, blocks and reports for sending to outside facilities;
• Oversees orderly on site storage of reports, slides and blocks;
• Retrieves old slides and blocks from off site storage;
• Compiles and distributes pathology reports to doctors' boxes and ward boxes;
• Sorts and distributes materials received from outside hospitals;
• Faxes, mails and distributes reports for the laboratory area which are not electronically distributed;
• Answers the phone when necessary;
• Logs in slides and blocks received for review from outside facilities;
• Orders supplies as necessary;
• Sorts and delivers pathology and laboratory mail;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 16:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 50 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 50 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma and a Typing Test (minimum 50 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized Institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth