OPERATING ROOM/LOGISTICS/PURCHASING LIAISONApply Now Job ID 1443278 Date posted 09/30/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Operating Room/Logistics/Purchasing Liaison to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Your High School Diploma
• Copies of recognized Accounting Courses;
• Your Resume indicating three years’ recent related experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
The Operating Room/Logistics/Purchasing Liaison acts as primary liaison between Perioperative Staff (including nursing, surgical, MDR, etc) and Interior Health Material Services/Logistics and Purchasing departments as well as Biomed, Pharmacy, and Plant Engineering in the research, ordering, procurement, and maintenance of specialized Operating Room (O.R.) Supplies and Equipment.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Meet with designated perioperative staff to identify supply requirements as needed;
• Requisition loaner instruments and prostheses for surgery from vendors and the Purchasing Department.;
• Liaise with O.R./Materials Management/Purchasing and Sales representatives to arrange for product samples and/or trial and evaluation of supplies and/or equipment;
• Provide cost analysis/differentiation of related/comparable products;
• Monitor shipping dates and resolve shipping problems and expedite late deliveries of equipment by follow up with suppliers and the Purchasing department if goods do not arrive on time;
• Maintain Bone Bank requisitions, related documentation/information and supply catalogue files/reference library;
• Research O.R. specialty products/supplies and/or equipment for O.R. Staff using available resources;
• Liaise and assist O.R./Materials Management and Purchasing staff in the investigation of outstanding backorders, estimated time of arrival dates, returns of damaged goods, etc;
• Maintain any checklists/spreadsheets as required;
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 13:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of recognized accounting courses, Plus
• Three year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.