OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE ADVISOR, HEALTH SAFETY & PREVENTIONApply Now Job ID 1220813 Date posted 02/02/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you have strong working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation of British Columbia and Workers Compensation Act? Are you an exceptional communicator with knowledge of change management and want to be a part of an amazing team? We are seeking a permanent full time Occupational Hygiene Advisor!
The Occupational Hygiene Advisor, Health, Safety and Prevention participates as a key member of the Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) team and provides advice, guidance, and resources in the strategic planning, development, implementation, sustainability, evaluation, and continuous improvement of an integrated, system-based approach for all Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) programs and practices in Interior Health (IH).
• Acts as a resource and provides consultation, research, and educational support on occupational hygiene for the WH&S team, Managers, and staff;
• Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of Health Authority-wide occupational hygiene programs; and
• Facilitates organizational compliance with legislated OH&S requirements to protect and improve the quality of work life and healthcare in IH.
A significant priority of the position is to work with key stakeholders and partners to build and sustain a systemic framework that links all aspects of patient, staff, and public safety into a comprehensive cultural vision aligned with the strategic directions of the Health Authority.
This position has a flexible worksite and can be located anywhere within our Health Service region. If you are self-motivated, organized, and a team player and this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, apply Today!!!
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Master of Science degree in Occupational Hygiene or a Bachelor of Science degree with a postgraduate occupational hygiene specialization.
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or a Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH).
• Three to five years of recent, related experience working as an occupational hygiene advisor (or similar), healthcare experience is an asset, including project management, change management, and quality improvement experience.
• Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
• Registered member of appropriate professional organization (e.g.,AIHA, AIHABC-Yukon), is an asset.
• A valid BC Driver’s license.
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth