MASTER PATIENT INDEX CLERKApply Now Job ID 1445093 Date posted 09/15/2020
Facility :KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
We are looking for a number of staff to join our MyHealthPortal team on the Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team. Over 100,000 patients across Interior Health now have access to their health records online using our Patient Portal. As a member of this team, you will help to support our patients get enrolled with this service and support them in its use. If you enjoy a fast faced environment and consider customer service one of your strengths, we would like to hear from you.
This position provides front-line support for the Patient and Consumer Health Portal (PCHP) by performing duties such as: answering telephone and email inquiries; contacting patients to verify changes; and escalating troubleshooting and/or advanced support requests to the System Analysts (or other designated personnel).
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifies and processes corrections related to duplicate and overlay patient records, merges of patient records in the MPI, and processes updates on the Ministry of Health Client Registry/Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI);
• Provides front-line support for the Patient and Consumer Health Portal (PCHP) by performing duties;
• Identifies other anomalies in patient records;
• Prepares technical and non-technical material relating to the auditing process;
• Sets up and maintains filing systems and spreadsheets for information;
• Calculates and maintains statistical information related to the tracking of duplicate and overlay patient records;
• Assists with orienting new staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures, demonstrating use of equipment and providing related information;
• Performs other related duties as required.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth