MANAGER, MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING AND OPERATING ROOM INVENTORY/EQUIPMENTApply Now Job ID 1209433 Date posted 01/17/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Here’s a great opportunity to join our Management Team at Kelowna General Hospital!
The Manager, Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) and Operating Room (OR) Inventory and Equipment is a position responsible for the daily operational management of the Medical Device Reprocessing Department at Kelowna General Hospital and to ensure that Operating Room inventory and equipment are effectively resourced and maintained.
In this dynamic role, the Manager MDR and OR Inventory is a Leader who can:
• Provide expertise on medical device reprocessing practices.
• Ensure the appropriate mechanisms are in place to support staff in the provision of quality patient care.
• Maintain a positive and productive work environment.
• Identify potential leaders and provide support and assistance to those individuals to address career goals.
• Ensure the development and implementation of an effective recruiting, performance review, and performance enhancement strategy.
• Use effective management techniques.
In this dynamic role, the Manager MDR and OR Inventory is a Change Agent who can:
• Foster an environment of innovation and critical thinking.
• Ensure the appropriate structures, system processes, and culture are in place to facilitate ongoing development of a best practice model of service delivery.
• Liaise with personnel at all levels within the organization including Directors, Managers, and Physicians and outside agencies to communicate policies and procedures and provide maximum service delivery.
• Promote the creation of a quality work environment.
In this dynamic role, the Manager MDR and OR Inventory is a Strategic Thinker who can:
• Participate in the development of financial strategies and ensures effective use of resources in the service area.
• Establish and maintain a Capital Equipment Inventory by identifying and making recommendations for replacement/new purchases.
• Maintain fiscal accountability and take corrective action as required to maintain expenditures within the approved budgets.
• Participate in quality improvement, risk management, and infection control activities for all reprocessing services/activities within Kelowna General Hospital.
• Support the achievement of operational and strategic objectives of the clinical program.
• Ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory, and safety standards.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Where every person matters!
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, we welcome to hear from you.
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree (preferred) in a health-related field.
• A minimum of 7 to 10 years of recent, related Medical Device Reprocessing or Perioperative experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience providing leadership and direct supervision within a large, unionized healthcare environment is preferred.
• Current practicing membership with the appropriate professional association (if applicable).
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth