MANAGER, CLINICAL OPERATIONS (PARR AND SURGICAL DAYCARE/PRE–OP)Apply Now Job ID 1418049 Date posted 07/04/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Kelowna General Hospital has a term specific full time career opportunity available for a Manager PAR & Surgical Daycare/Pre-op. Come to Kelowna and join our fun and dynamic team in the Central Okanagan!
The Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient-centered care within a defined clinical area. This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the PAR and Surgical Service clinical areas. The Manager applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s). The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the area(s) in accordance with professional standards; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Interior Health offers work-life balance with competitive wages, excellent employee benefits, professional development and educational leave in a larger-than-life landscape and four seasons playground.
Come and join our team…Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in nursing, health sciences, or related field.
• Seven to ten years recent, related clinical experience, including three years in a leadership role.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth