LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANTApply Now Job ID 1464902 Date posted 11/20/2020
Facility :BROOKHAVEN EXTENDED CARE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.93 FTE)
The Brookhaven Care Centre is seeking a Long-term Care Attendant to join their team! The ideal candidates have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing patient-centered care.
Brookhaven is a single story multi-level personal care facility built in 1995 in West Kelowna. Sumac Unit has 39 complex care beds (19 of these are private rooms) and 1 respite (also private). Residents have access to a secure courtyard, and share access to a second courtyard with Spartan Unit; this courtyard features a lovely water feature called a “pondless fountain.” Spartan unit has 44 complex care beds, 24 of these are private rooms, 4 of which have bariatric capacity and Spartan residents have their own secure enclosed courtyard besides the one they share with Sumac residents. Both units of 84 residents share a common dining room. McIntosh unit (CBDU) is a specialized psychogeriatric secure environment with 20 beds (all private). CBDU (Chronic Behaviour Disorder Unit) features flexible care and routines, and the residents have access to their own secure enclosed courtyard and dining area.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
We currently have a temporary Part Time opportunity on the team: a rotating day/evening shift position (shifts are 07:00 to 15:00 or 15:00 to 23:00).
Typical duties include:
• Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV, please upload a copy of your certificate as well.*
Please Note: This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.