LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1340639 Date posted 12/04/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Are you a licensed practical nurse who has a Perioperative Certificate, likes new challenges, and values work life balance? If so, then Kelowna General Hospital is the place for you! We currently have an opportunity for casual operating room LPNs within our team.
As a Perioperative LPN, you will work as part of the surgical team to provide care for patients before, during and after surgery. This may include pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into a casual role you are then eligible to apply as an internal candidate to other relief and permanent vacancies. Many careers at Interior Health begin with casual employment.
This position may be scheduled for day, evening, or night shifts; shifts times are 07:30 to 15:30, 09:30 to 17:30, 11:00 to 19:00, 15:00 to 23:00, and 22:45 to 07:30.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Important: To be considered in this position you must have completed a perioperative training course. Only registered LPNs with a Perioperative Certificate will be considered for operating room LPN vacancies at Interior Health.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies.
• Graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current CPR certification required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth