LEASING ANALYSTApply Now Job ID 1534135 Date posted 04/07/2021
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you a confident self-starter with exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail? We are seeking a Leasing Analyst to join our team. With a client focus and strong team work this position also requires great organization and analytical skills.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Leasing Analyst coordinates the administrative processes associated with all department contracts including leases and those required for leased site support services (e.g. janitorial, repairs/maintenance, renovations) and for professional/consulting services as required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and develops a variety of legal agreements including lease agreements, amendments and support service contracts and professional service contracts as required for the department.
2. Ensures that the contract has an approved funding source, and that the appropriate cost centre is noted on the contract.
3. Ensures that the contract consistently follows standardized templates in accordance with IH policies, insurance and indemnity provisions, payment schedules, etc. and coordinates appropriate review prior to execution.
4. Initiates and maintains the lease renewal process including review of lease details that would impact renewal process. Coordinates with appropriate stakeholders and maintains information in the leasing database, ProLease, to track progress of the renewal including setting critical date reminders.
5. Works with the contractor to ensure that all of the appropriate information is identified for the contract (e.g. certificate of insurance, WorkSafe BC coverage) and that the contract is signed-off and distributed to the appropriate parties.
6. Coordinates the completion of the monthly recurring payment schedules, and ensures that the payments agree to the contract.
7. Coordinates the development and maintenance of contract controls and processes to ensure that contract terms/conditions, deliverables, and milestones are met.
8. Oversees the department monitoring of the contractor’s service throughout the contract term to ensure that contract controls and processes are met including maintaining the leasing database, ProLease, as well as electronic and paper files.
9. Conducts financial reviews where required including annual reconciliations for common area maintenance, property taxes for leased sites, and identifying and providing recommendations on ways to reduce costs where appropriate.
10. Assists, where required, with contract service delivery issues, and works with the contractor, the Department, and the appropriate program on a solution including escalating to the Strategic Business Advisor or Strategic Business Consultant when appropriate.
11. Provides custom information requests and reporting to management as required including regular monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
12. Creates Purchase Orders for work including supporting Capital Planning.
13. Conducts a first review of contract invoices prior to payment, to ensure invoices are correct. Obtains appropriate approvals and ensures payments are made on time.
14. Works with other business groups including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Business Support to ensure vendor information, cost center information, rent information is up to date.
15. Maintains the Master Facility List for all owned and leased properties including coordinating regular updates being shared with stakeholder.
16. Reviews lease requirements and works with appropriate contractor to determine required support service contracts (e.g. janitorial, security monitoring).
17. Maintain department process documents on a regular basis.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Graduation from a recognized business, urban land economics or public administration program
• Five years of related work experience
• Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self/Cultural Agility – self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
• Engages Others/Empathy – communicates effectively; listens with heart rather than reacting
• Achieves Results/Process Orientation – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
• Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
• System Transformation/Credible Champion – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork with direct experience working collaboratively and effectively with programs.
• Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the department throughout in an effective and efficient manner.
• Demonstrated financial management and analysis skills including benchmarking and market trends.
• Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle to facilitate travel within a multi-site organization.
• Familiar with developing a variety of legal documents specifically related to commercial leases and real estate.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.