INTERMEDIATE SOFTWARE DEVELOPERApply Now Job ID 1191481 Date posted 12/07/2018
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health is currently seeking a relief full time Intermediate Software Developer to join our Application Development & Integration team at our corporate office in downtown Kelowna, BC.
The Application Development & Integration team consists of 12 software developers, 1 software architect, and 1 quality assurance analyst. The team works closely with other IM/IT teams to provide application and integration solutions to support both corporate and clinical portfolios within Interior Health.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Intermediate Software Developer performs a variety of duties to ensure the provision of effective maintenance and support of information system projects throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards. Incumbents of this role are responsible for enhancing existing software and integration solutions. Many of these solutions include a method to collect, validate, and analyze data to reduce costs, increase efficiency and enable better decision making. The role is also responsible for developing standards based HL7 interfaces to facilitate communication between two or more health applications. This provides an integrated healthcare system that improves patient care.
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts feasibility studies by determining user requirements; provides details of implementation estimates and recommendations.
• Undertakes system development projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review by:
o Gathering detailed information from users
o Developing and documenting systems and procedures
o Detailing hardware and software specifications
o Preparing detailed implementation plans
• Provides input in the evaluation of client, server and system software as a member of the project team.
• Designs, writes and maintains custom software to meet specific application needs.
• Maintains and administers infrastructure required to host web applications.
• Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the assigned business service areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding items such as system upgrades and new technology.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
*Candidate short-listing & interviews will commence in January 2019*
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth